This summer I finally got around to making reproductions of the water transfer decals found in the glove box and engine area of early 1500 Ghias. A member of the Type 34 Registry, Paul Stone, had made reproduction stickers a few years back, but they were self-adhesive stickers, not water transfers, and while he made a good attempt at recreating the artwork I didn't think they were as accurate as they could be. I wanted to make water transfers that were exactly like the original ones. I created new artwork and after a lot of looking found a silkscreen print shop that was willing to do a short run of water transfers. Here's how they turned out:
I also decided to reproduce the decal used on early Type 3 air cleaners made by the OEM supplier Knecht.
Thanks to Paul Colbert and Lee Hedges for their advice and encouragement on the decal project.