Sunday, June 28, 2009

Type 345 update



Congratulations to Rick Christensen and his son Alex, the new owners of the '68 Type 345 that I spotted in the neighborhood. Rick and Alex have already started in on getting it ready for next year's VW Classic. Rick's beautiful '66 Type 34 took first in its class at this year's VW Classic, and he might just have a lock on it again next year with this car. I'm glad it's going to a good home.

It turns out it is the same car I had remembered seeing about 15 years ago. The previous owner, Dean Naleway, is a super nice guy who bought the car in 1981 from the original owner and only put about 2,000 miles on it each year over the 28 years he owned it! Now that's the kind of previous owner you want your car to have had.

1 comment:

Steve Brownlee said...

Too funny. I was looking up Dean Naleway when I run across his old car here. We wroekd togetehr at a record label when he bout this car (he also bought a Ghia around the same time). He afforded this car cause I bought his 1969 Volvo sedan off him at around this same time. Very funny seeing this car hear after all these years.

Steve Brownlee