Saturday, November 14, 2009

We advertise the VW 1500

Johannes Krasenbrink, owner of a few very early VW 1500s including probably the nicest low-mileage '62 1500 Ghia on earth, sent me these photos of an amazing 1961 dealer information brochure. Titled Wir werben für den VW 1500 (We advertise the VW 1500), it shows all the different components of the Volkswagen + VW 1500 advertising campaign that could be ordered by the dealers.






It includes a few of the campaign pieces I've been able to find, including an advertising stamp (21) and a postage meter ad (23).

If I was able to read the dimensions I could have some facsimile wheat paste posters made at their original size. I'd love to see the rest of this rare brochure!

2 comments:

Ralf Ebbing said...

Hello,

can you mail me a good Scan of this to bilder@typ3.de

www.typ3.de

regards

Ralf (the admin)

Scott said...

Hello Ralf,

I think it would be best if you contacted Johannes Krasenbrink directly to inquire about this since the brochure belongs to him. I assume you already have his contact information.

regards,
Scott